Join our board of directors
Ghostlight is looking to expand its Board of Directors. Members serve a crucial role ensuring the stability and continued future success of the company, through donor cultivation, fundraising, outreach and administration.
As a board member, you would support the work of Ghostlight Ensemble and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by Ghostlight’s Executive Team (the managing and artistic directors), the Board-Executive Team relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
As a board member, your responsibilities would include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- Leadership, governance and oversight
- Participating in selection and evaluating performance of the Executive Team
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the Executive Team as they develop and implement Ghostlight’s strategic plan
- Approving Ghostlight’s annual budget, reports, and material business decisions
- Assisting the Executive Team and board president in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Ensuring Ghostlight’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities it serves
- Identify and recruit potential individual and corporate donors and sponsors
- Support the company through production and event attendance and promote the programming of the company
- Representing and advocating for the organization and mission in the public arena
Board Members will serve a one-year term (September to August) and will continue to be eligible for re-appointment to additional terms on an annual basis
Board meetings will be held quarterly and special event planning meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
If you're interested in learning more, contact Managing Director Chad Wise at chad(at)ghostlightensemble.com.